Thursday, September 6, 2012

welcome to eat moar veggies!

Hi!!

I'm Benjamin, a horticultural sciences major at UF in Gainesville Florida. Born an raised in Singapore, my interest and passion in horticulture drew me to accept a government scholarship to study horticulture in the States.

As part of a project for one of my classes, I've set up this blog to relate my experiences in cultivating vegetables in the field, as well as the information and understanding garnered throughout the course. As an introduction, I'll leave you with a short list of my favourite fruits and vegetables.

Fruit:
I most enjoy grapefruit, starfruit, durian, pineapple, and nectarines and soft barlet pears. On the other end of the spectrum, I don't like persimmons >< 

Vegetable:
My all time favourite vegetable has to be Kailan (chinese broccoli), followed by watercress, bok choy, chinese spinach, long beans, corn, butternut squash, and orange pepper.

I love mushrooms as well, but that will have to be left for another time!

-ben

No comments:

Post a Comment